A technique for performing Kapalabhati. This is an energizing and cleansing breath like Bhastrika.
- Sit upright and forcibly expel all the air from the lungs. The primary movement is accomplished by using the diaphragm.
- Allow the lungs to fill passively.
- Repeat 10 times in 3-4 cycles with periods of normal breathing between sets.
This is another energizing, invigorating, and cleansing pranayama technique.
- In the morning to start the body and mind.
- During the day when feeling lethargic, or sleepy.
Do not perform before bedtime. It may prevent falling asleep.